Monday 16 July 2012

Crafting: An old storage box gets a makeover

As you may remember from an earlier post when I went to visit my Nana in May she gave me a car load of knitting/sewing stuff and gave me this box:

Untitled

I think she made it from an old orange box (or what I have heard to referred as an orange box - an old wooden crate). I had some material left from a previous sewing project, so glue gun in hand I went to work and covered it in a rather more pleasing colour. The inside is lined with dark blue satin. 

Untitled 

Alas it looked quite plain, even though it was better than before, so I thought I'd do a little bit of stitching and add some buttons I had also left over from previous crafting. I probably should have thought about it before I glued the lid but I still think it looks good, even if you can see the the knots at the beginning and end of stitches. 

Tim had the great idea of me adding to it with the little bits I have left over, making pockets out of scraps of material etc around the sides, something I will definitely do in the future. 


Untitled Untitled Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment