Wednesday 18 July 2012

Crafty Club: Felt Lavender Pomanders

In April my friends and I got together for our first foray into a shared craft collective, ingeniously called: Crafty Club! The idea being, we all take turns to hols it (if you want to - you can just join in and not host one) and we do a different craft each month pooling our knowledge, learning something new and having fun and good old gossip at the same time.

I held the first meeting and we all embroidered cards, unfortunately I accidentally deleted the pics from the day (stoopid). 

On Sunday the next instalment was held at Chelle's pad and felt lavender pomanders were the choice of the day.

Chelle was a great host and showed us all step by step what to do. With her help I mastered a blanket stitch something I have seen a million times over in craft projects and tutorials but I have never been able to figure out from written instructions (I have a crap working memory because of dyslexia and mild dyspraxia so written instructions aren't good for me, verbal a little better but visual the best!). 

I think we all did very well, thanks Chelle for you patience, supplies and hosting a fab Sunday avo of craftiness!


Untitled 
Frenchi's bright and beautiful  for her lovely nephew, Caleb  

Untitled 
Kat's emo

Untitled 
Chelle's country chic 

Untitled 
Hazel's floral heart 

Untitled 
My purple felt, all finished. I eventually decided to hang it in the car to make it smell a little sweeter 
(the camping trip and fast food trips have made it smell icky!) 

Untitled Untitled

No comments:

Post a Comment