Thursday 17 May 2012

Recipe: Not So Fatty Peppered Mackerel & Potato Salad

As summer is almost upon us (I can wish right?) and it being near to barbecue season I thought I'd share a lower fat recipe for potato salad with a twist.

There should be enough for six side servings (although maybe more, I love potatoes!). 

Untitled

Ingredients: 

1 pack tesco peppered mackerel fillets (flaked)
500g charlotte potatoes (halved)
10 spring onions (sliced)
10 sticks celery (sliced)
20 cherry tomatoes (halved)
4 tbsp hellmans lighter than light mayonnaise
120g fat free yoghurt
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
1 tsp dill
1 tsp basil

Method:


Steam the potatoes for 15 minutes, then set aside to cool.

Meanwhile, add the celery, tomatoes, spring onions and mackerel to a large bowl and mix with the dill and basil.

In a separate bowl mix the mayonnaise, yoghurt and wholegrain mustard for the dressing and set aside.

When the potatoes are cool add to the salad and mix, pour on the dressing and give it a good stir.

Chill if required.

Eat and be happy!

If you try it let me know what you think and comment below :D


Notes:

I named the brands that I use, but of course similar will do.

I have used dried herbs but of course fresh are better, just amend thee amount if using fresh.












No comments:

Post a Comment