Tuesday 22 May 2012

Slurp: The Knott Bar

Following on from our meal at El Rincon we made our way down Deansgate to The Knott Bar. One of our favourite Manchester watering holes, we’ve been visiting this place on and off for the past 8 years. I love that it’s situated underneath the railway arches.

UntitledUntitledUntitled

A while back it was a regular occurrence but since things have got a little tighter cash wise and we’re not our early 20s drinking anything-that-comes-closely-related-to-being-alcoholic-phase and more in the fuck-me-I-feel-like-shite-if-I-even-look-at-a-pint-phase, it’s become a less frequent pleasure.


Untitled

Knott has a lot of good things going for it, a relaxed atmosphere, a juke box, draught real ales, good food and (as if they needed something to back it up) they’re previous winners of the CAMRA Regional Pub of the Year 2009 and 2010.

Untitled


The only thing I thought when I went in there was “oh, the ladies loos”. Previous visits have been marred by the grotty run down toilets, so this time as a gingerly made my way to the back of the room I was almightily surprised by the lovely refurbished ladies room, which seemed to have grown by half a metre.

I also notice a board which I hadn’t previously, detailing themed nights they appear to be running, all of which looked great but all of which had sold out. Something to keep an eye out for in the future.

Untitled


The staff at Knott are always lovely and really helpful if you’re after an ale but like me (previously – still not boozing currently) you’re not really sure where to start.

We had a lovely evening and it was great to round the Tim's birthday night off with drinks in good company and great surroundings.

Untitled
UntitledUntitled

If you like relaxed pubs with a wide variety of ales and not on offer, get yourself down to Knott for a wonderful evening.  

Contact:
The Knott Bar, 374 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 4LY. 0161 839 9229

No comments:

Post a Comment